Thursday, June 14, 2018

May 28, 2018 I'll go where you want me to go...

I found out that I am being transferred to Vestal! It truly is not that far away :) 
This week was an adventure, and some of my last in Horseheads. We went on Monday to Watkins Glen- it truly is a bit of Heaven on earth! I am so grateful for the beauty of the Earth and my chance this past week to study more about the Creator of it.
There is a study thing in the Gospel Library app, this is just what I have studied so far. It has increased my understanding and Testimony of my Savior;
Jesus is the Living Christ   
All scripture testifies that He lives! (D&C:22-24) I am excited for the day when my head will bow, my knees bend and my tongue confess that Jesus is the Christ. My testimony has grown so much over the past... while. 
"A testimony provides proper perspective, motivation, and a solid foundation on which to build a life of purpose and personal growth." -Dieter F Utchdorf 
Jesus Christ is Central to all Human History
Without the Savior, our lives would really have no possibility to a 'happily ever after'. "God will force no man to Heaven" (hymn 240), 
" We must continue to choose to follow the Savior. Eternity is at stake... When we choose to do the will of our Heavenly Father, our agency is preserved, or opportunities increase, and we progress." -Robert D. Hales
Jehovah and the Premortal Ministry
Christ was ordained and called into His role as Savior before the world even was. I know that I sustained him. We are saved only after all we can do (2 Nephi 25:23). I am grateful that the war with death and sin has been already won! We have the opportunity every day to put the essential things first. All that is essential and really matters, can be done in the temple. All else is secondary to God's eternal plan, which revolves around Jesus Christ. 
Jehovah created the Earth
"The winds and the waves shall obey" His will (hymn 105). He is there creator and Master. The earth remembers it's creator. Do we? Are we living in such a way that He can speak and calm our troubled souls? I pray daily that that is how I will live my life.
"The earth was created that families might be." -Russell M. Nelson
I hope that we will all be able to recognize the small miracles in our lives and strive to become more like our Big Brother.
I know He lives.
I love Him.
This truly is an opportunity of a lifetime to focus all my time, energy, and talents on Him.
My we all strive to do the same at home or abroad.

Exploring Watkins Glen!!!



Alene Houghton, Sister Williams, Watkins, Elgaaen, Thomas, Sister Houghton

Elders: Bangerter, Bradley, Jensen, Nye, Wakefield, Allen
Sisters: Taylor, Elgaaen, Thomas, and Billin





















No comments:

Post a Comment