Sunday, March 4, 2018

February 19, 2018 Teaching and Learning

We had Zone Conference this week, and Sister Morley and I had a training during part of it that we were able to teach everyone else in the Zone about how the Book of Mormon answers the questions of the soul.
I think that the most important thing that we talked about was the use of a study journal. I is critical that we record the sacred truths that are given to us as we study, ponder, and pray. I know for me as I record my new understandings, I am more able to retain them. It is how I show the Lord that I appreciate what He has helped me understand and that I am ready for more.
 Something that one of the Zone Leader's talked about in there presentation was the importance of having a 'loaded' Book of Mormon. They told us that we should have quotes, markings, and things placed in our personal copy of the Book of Mormon so if someone presents a question, we will be able to 'fight' and defend the faith. I loved this analogy because- serving a mission is like fighting on the front lines of a battle field. Daily we find and teach people who are in need of protection against satan and his followers. I know that as I have filled my favorite book with references and quotes, I feel better prepared to go out and search in the depths of New York for those in need. You will not feel safe going into battle if you have no bullets.
The Book of Mormon truly does have the answers to the souls deepest questions.  it does answer things like;
What is my purpose?
Why do bad things happen to good people?
If God really loved me, why would he allow me to feel so hurt?   ......
I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON!
I have found so many answers to questions that I did not know I had.
I promise that as we each select a personal copy of the Book of Mormon and 'load it' when those we love, or those we know present soul questions; we will be prepared and able to shoot away the negativity and bring them unto the great healer.
I know that this book was saved for our day. There is something written in for each one of God's children that will bless them everyday.
I hope we all can find the joy meant from the Book of Mormon and spoken of by the Prophets.
Have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Elgaaen




The Sister's in the Zone!
Sister Morrey, Sister Billin, Sister Miner, Sister Rogers, Sister Morley, Sister Keller, Sister Hamblin, Sister Downs, Sister Dupaix
Sister Elgaaen, Sister Williams (in the front... She is shorter than me!!!)
Inline image 1
Us on Valentines day!
Inline image 2
Well... I am short :) But we match
Inline image 3




Me and my Valentines hedgehog!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment