Sunday, October 22, 2017

October 10, 2017 "Come Follow Me"

This week went by way to fast!!!
A cool miracle that happened last Monday and Tuesday, so Sister Baird and I had gone shopping for groceries. We went in Walmart and were checking out and sister Baird was unable to find her missionary credit card! She helped pay with different money, but she was completely stressed. I told her to pray, and in the meantime prayed as we searched and asked Heavenly Father to help this work out. I knew that I could not afford to feed us alone with just the amount in my card, but I believed that the Lord would work it out. She did not find the card. 
The next day during service at the Salvation Army, the person in charge came up with a BIG box Full of food, and told us that they just got an order in and this would not fit... It was an unseen answer to prayer! (if it is the Lord's will, it is the Lord's bill :)  
I know that Heavenly Father is aware of us, just like he had Nephi write things his father wrote down because he knew the pages would be lost, He prepared a way that we would not have to worry about food at all until she gets a new card.
I have been reading in Jesus the Christ about some of the parables in Matthew 13. One of my favorite is that of the sower. I taught this to some people who are farmers for a living. Then understand the importance of having the best soil, and also nourishing the seed after it is planted. In thinking about this more deeply over the past week, I have placed a few things together.
   When Christ calls his apostles, he tells them to 'come follow Him'. In essence, He is preparing their hearts, or churning the soil with his call to them, and trials that He helped them overcome. The gospel and teachings that He was planting were the seeds (The seeds never changed, but the soil that the seeds landed in did). As the apostles acted and had faith, the seeds grew- and the fruit that they had was most sweet and share able to all who would partake and listen.
I hope that we are all able to look at Christ's parables and study them more deeply. I know that in each one is pearls of truth. I know that if we listen to Christ, follow him, and allow our hearts to soften, seeds will be planted. Seeds that will produce so much love and growth that can be shared to all around.







One of my new favorite ice cream's

















Stand a Little Taller!


No comments:

Post a Comment