Sunday, February 19, 2017

Feb 14, 2017: The Holy Ghost is the True Teacher

​Hello Family and Friend!
This week went by twice as fast as last week. 
Some of the things that were really emphasized during the many meetings, classes, and teaching practices was- I am NOT  the teacher. No matter how unique my way of sharing the gospel, no matter how much I pray, I will never be the true teacher. The spirit is. My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ, only the Holy Ghost can confirm that what I am saying is true. Is that fact not amazing? If in the Church when we teach or give a talk, would the lessons not be smoother and the messages more clear If we realize that- without the Holy Ghost, nothing is being taught. I find that amazing. If you think about it, when you are baptized you are PROMISED to have the Holy Ghost with you always. Not when he feels like being with you, always. This means that if you live worthy of having the spirit with you, whenever you are in a situation where you bare testimony, or you need guidance/ comfort/ cleansing/ conformation- you have a member of the Godhead who will help you.
I know that is true. It amazes me how often I can feel his guidance just at the MTC.
Time is flying by, but it is comforting to know that nothing can stop Heavenly Fathers plan from happening. There is no worldly thing or disaster that could put a stop to what has been planned to happen. Everything is for a reason- even if you are unwilling to step back and look for it, there will be nothing that takes place that was not meant to happen. This time on earth is to learn and prepare to live with a loving Father who watches and cheers for us every day. Heaven is the goal, and Jesus Christ paved the road which we must follow if we want to make it there safely.
Talking about the Atonement with people who barely understand who Christ is, is different. But it is amazing how fast they are able to have faith and believe that what me and Sister Thomas is saying is true. When ever we start talking about Christ, the spirit always floods the room. 
I know that Jesus Christ, my brother and Savior, died so that I can return to Heaven. He did it for everyone who ever lived and will ever step foot on the earth. It was out of Love that he suffered and paid for all our sins. Without him we would never make it back to our Heavenly Home. He did it for EVERYONE. Remember that the next time you think about judging someone or deciding to pull someone down instead of pull them up. Heavenly Father knew that life on earth would be hard. That is why he sends his angels to go and lift and bring joy. YOU are an angel. YOU are someone who can go and lift someone up and let them know that they are priceless. Christ paid for our sins, therefore everyone on earth is of worth- it is my job as a missionary to invite others to come unto Christ, but it is all our jobs to Love one another. 
Because it is Valentines day this thought works great ;)
I know that this Church is true, I know that Joseph Smith did write the Book of Mormon, and if anyone wants to draw closer to Christ they can by reading that book. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for ALL his children, and he desires for ALL his children to return home to him.

Have a wonderful week!
love, Sister Elgaaen​
 

Katelyn and MTC Companion Sister Thomas




Heart Attacking Doors at the MTC

New York here we come!

Sisters heading to the  New York Utica Mission lookin' Stylish!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment