Monday, April 3, 2017

April 3, 2017 Serving the Lord and Conference

This week was abnormal. Sister Stowell was preparing to return home so we were fed every night by a member who wanted to say 'good luck', we hardly tracted, and there were quite a few tears shed. All of the lessons that we did teach were powerful and I felt that every time Sister Stowell was bearing her testimony, she was talking to me as well.
I LOVE serving the Lord and being an instrument in his hands! There is nothing else that I would rather do at this time. There is a time and a place for everything, and God has not asked that we 'run faster than we have strength'- but after conference I have more strength than I did before. This coming week will be amazing.
There were many talks which a person who is in the vineyard that the Lord has given me control over came to mind. It is amazing to think that even if you personally did not feel a particular talk applied to you, someone else felt that Heavenly Father was talking directly to them- because He was. Heavenly Father knows each of us perfectly and personally. He hears our prayers, knows our thoughts, and inspired the men and women who spoke to talk in a way just for you. 
   I felt touched by Elder Hollands talk about 'sunshine in my soul'. I have loved every moment out in New York, and have often felt sunshine growing and shining in my soul. But I have also seen others who appear to be without such joy. It is a wonderful experience to witness someone who was dark inside become bright with hope and the joy the gospel brings. I like the part when Elder Holland stated, 'All God's critters have a place in God's choir... That does not mean that we can sing our own tune...God wants us to sing in out own voice his tune of love and hope.'
   Elder Rasband's talk about the Holy Ghost was also powerful, and one that I felt was just for me. his steps were; Striving to live worthy of the spirit, being willing to receive the spirit, recognizing the spirit when it comes, and acting on the first prompting.  I felt a personal call to become better after hearing this talk. I have made a personal Goal to strive to be worthy of the spirit, desire it and plead with God to help me have it during the day, understanding what I am being told to do- then acting.
   Elder Uchdtorf's talk about fear was also wonderful. The opposite of fear truly is faith and hope. It is not possible for someone to be 'faithful' when they are also being 'fearful' about what is going on around them. I found power in his call to action of finding courage in the face of fear. And his statement that there is not fear in Christ's love.
I know that Christ loves all of us, therefore we do not have any need to be afraid or fear the worldly things that go on around us. Joshua 1:9- we were commanded to come to earth to gain a body and experience, not cower or make others afraid. I know that as we are strong and have courage, listen to the promptings of the spirit, and have 'sunshine in our souls'- we will be fulfilling our purpose as Loved children of God.
I hope everyone watches the new Easter Video on mormon.org and shares it with anyone and everyone. Christ did rise from the dead, he did suffer for us, and he does love us all. I know that my Redeemer lives! And oh, what a sweet sentence that is!!
Love, Sister Elgaaen
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment