Monday, April 17, 2017

April 17, 2017 Easter!!!

This week went by so fast! Where has all the time gone? I have been in Hamilton for about 7 weeks! Each day is different and full of wonderful things, but everything really does start to mesh together when you are more focused on others and there salvation instead of yourself.
One of the scriptures that Sister Armstrong and I shared with people was 1 Nephi 21:15-16. It says, "For can a women forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.          Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me."
I love this scripture! It is asking, could you forget something or someone that you really loved? The correct answer is NO! But, there are things like dementia and other mental things that could eventually cause you to forget. But Christ says that he will NEVER forget us- He loves us to much. He states that he has graven you on the palms of his hands. Your name, is written there. He knows what trials you have gone through. He hears every plea for help. He died so each Individual could Return back to Heaven. 
He knows exactly how you feel, what you need, and more. He suffered so he could understand you. In John 15:13 it states, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." Christ knows you by name and calls you friend. He literally laid down his life for you. We in turn only have to come unto Christ, Repent and live everyday with gratitude.
We can 'lay down our lives' but putting to rest things such as grudges, harmful habits, and negative thoughts. I know that even if it comes to putting down your phone for a few moments to read the scriptures or serve another- you will be greatly blessed. 
God so loved the world, us all, that he sent out brother Jesus Christ to save us. I know that Christ lives, I know that he loves us all and that he is willing to take any of us where ever we are at. He will heal all that needs healing. He is the Prince of Peace, the Savior of the World, my Best Friend and Big Brother.
I love him more than I could ever express through words. My Faith in him is greater than sight.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week and keeps in mind how precious a gift this life is, and has an attitude of gratitude.
Love, Sister Elgaaen
 
Sister Armstrong & Elgaaen





Was Moses buried in Hamilton?




Another Rainy Day!



Sharing the Gospel is our life and we love it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment