Monday, March 6, 2017

March 6, 2017 Pray, Read the Scriptures & Be Bold and Loving!

This week has been interesting. We picked up a few new investigators and instead of about 20 people coming to church, we had at least 45! Most of them were under the age of 15, but it was still amazing. On Thursday there was a youth Face to Face with President Eyring and Elder Holland. It was powerful! It took place in Palmyra New York, and was themed around personal revelation, the Atonement, and Heavenly Fathers love for his children. If you missed out on watching it, Any investigator, or member would learn more than a few things.
Some of the things that I picked up were, "When the Heavens seem closed, open the scriptures and read the word of God." This is so true! I have been reading the scriptures more than I ever had before in my life, but things are starting to stick in my memory, apply to me and all I teach, and mean a lot more because I have questions before I open the book. I know the scriptures are the word of God, it was not given to us to place on a shelf, but to read from and gain understanding in all things.
"When we pray, if we before hand prepare our self and see ourselves approaching the thrown of God to ask him personally for our needs, miracles will happen." I tried this after the broad cast a day later. It is hard to describe the spirit that came from that prayer and the feelings of hope and peace that accompanied it. I know that when we pray, we can Conquer Satan (D&C 10:5)   We can receive joys and understanding that we did not know was possible. Prayer is our way to talk with a loving Heavenly Father, who misses us- and wants the best for us. 
"Be Bold and loving!" When someone knows how much you care, they are willing to listen to what you have to say. If a person knows they are loved, they can handle and understand correction. I know that loving one another was a Commandment. It is something that Heavenly Father has asked us to do. If we do listen and obey, then our friends, family... will understand that when you ask them to change and become more like the Savior, it is out of love.
"The Atonement was what the Savoir did for us. Because of the Atonement, Heavenly Father gave Christ the ability to forgive us of our sins." We All make mistakes. There is no perfect person here on earth. Repentance is just changing and coming closer to the Savior. But none of that would have been possible if it weren't for Christ. He loved us So much, that he died to make it possible to live forever. 
I love my savoir SO much. He is my best friend, my closest adviser, and the one who helps me bare most of my burdens. I KNOW that he loves me as well. I am positive when I see him again, I will RUN into His arms and thank him for all that he has done for me, and everyone I love.
Besides the Face to Face, our stake had a fireside and many investigators and missionaries went. It could have been compared to a spiritual punch in the face! Our Investigator Danielle Loved it! She felt inspired and motivated to rearrange her job schedule so that she could attend church every Sunday and not have to work! The Lord brings blessings in mysterious ways :)
I know that this week has been long and full of practice of patience, but I know that Sister Stowell and I did our best. We are serving the Lords mission, and live is wonderful! 
Its a good day to be a missionary!
Have an inspiring week!!

Love, Sister Elgaaen

No comments:

Post a Comment