Sunday, July 8, 2018

July 2,2018 The Church is True! The Book is Blue!

I feel so blessed to be in the New York Utica Mission! President and Sister Rogers completed there three year mission this past Saturday, and joined all the departing missionaries on there final temple trip. It was such a spiritual uplift.
We attended a temple session, visited the sacred grove- along with Joseph Smith's home, saw the Hill Cumorah, learned about the Printing Press, then concluded at the Whitmer Farm. 
Truly each individual place felt similar to the first. I know that each area is a dedicated place for the Lord. 
I know that this church is true. Standing in the place where the Angel Moroni appeared, Looking out to the grove of trees where our Savior and Heavenly Father descended, being in the Whitmer home where the Book of Mormon was completed, All have increased and built my testimony.
I know that Joseph Smith saw what he said he did. 
"I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me... When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!
...I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it..." JSH 1:16,17,25
I know that the book of Mormon is truly a Keystone to Christ's church. It is another witness. It is true. 
The Priesthood Power of God was restored almost a year before the Church was organized. Why wait so long when the power and authority was there? Because the book of Mormon was not completed! Without that second witness fulfilling and clarifying, the Restored Church of Jesus Christ would have fallen.
I am so grateful that this Church has been restored. With its restoration the power and authority to perform baptisms, sealings, and other ordinances for time and eternity came with it. 
I know that I can live and be with my family forever. I have left them for almost 18 months so others can be together forever. Oh, how great is my joy in this work.
I encourage each of us to strive and nourish our testimonies of the book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. 
I know as we each take the time one by one to do this, our Heavenly Father will answer individually and personally, one by one.
Sister Larsen & Elgaaen













The Oneida District



President and Sister Rogers

























No comments:

Post a Comment