Monday, September 4, 2017

August 28,2017 The Lord's House and The Book of Mormon

 This week was AMAZING! I was able to step into the Lord's house with Sarah O'Marah and feel of the Lord's love for her, and all of those who we did work for. It was very wonderful to witness Sarah feel the spirit so strongly in the Confirmation room that she was unable to hold back tears. I know that someone accepted the gospel that day in the Temple. I am grateful that I was able to gain that understanding with something greater than my sight.
Sister Davies, Sister Elgaaen, Sarah

   The main focus this past week in my studies has been the Book of Mormon! I gave a talk in sacrament meeting about it. The Book of Mormon IS another testament of Jesus Christ. It is, " a volume of holy scripture comparable to the bible." (D&C 42:12). It is "a new and additional witness that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that all who will come unto Him and obey the laws and ordinances of His gospel may be saved." We will get nearer to our Heavenly Father as we truly read and study from this book. If we read, ponder, and pray- we "WILL gain a testimony of its truth". The Book of Mormon truly is the 'Keystone of our Religion'. It witnesses of our Savior on every page, "Those who know little to nothing about the savior will come to know Him by reading, pondering and praying about the Book of Mormon. " (preach my gospel). It contains a fullness of the Gospel, and it is the basis of our Testimony. 
Katelyn at the Sacred Grove
   My mission President stated that Faith is centered on Jesus Christ- but a Testimony is centered on the Book of Mormon. President Monson's Concluding testimony last April stated, "... Because the Book of Mormon is true, the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints is the Lord's Church on the earth, and the holy priesthood of God has been restored for the benefit and blessing of His children." Another Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley also proclaimed, "Those who have read [the Book of Mormon] prayerfully, be they rich or poor, learned or unlearned, have grown under its power... without reservation I promise you that if you will prayerfully read the Book of Mormon, regardless of how many times you previously have read it, there will come unto your hearts... the spirit of the Lord. There will come a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to His commandments, and there will come a stronger testimony of the Living reality of the Son of God."
   The Book of Mormon answer's all the questions of the soul and can provide peace that will come in no other way than by opening the Book and allowing Heavenly Father to answer your prayers.
   The New York Utica Mission has set the Month of September aside to 'Flood the Earth with the Book of Mormon'. A talk I found on this said, "The time is long overdue for a massive flooding of the Earth with the Book of Mormon for the many reasons which the Lord has given. In this age of the electronic media and the mass distribution of the printed work, God will hold us accountable if we don not now move the Book of Mormon in a monumental way... We have the Book of Mormon, we have the members, we have the missionaries, we have the resources, and the world has the need. THE TIME IS NOW!" This talk touched me because even though you all are not in New York... I know that going out and just sharing a favorite scripture that you read that morning will bless the lives of those around you. There is power in this little blue book. No one is going to feel that unless we go out and share it with them. We don't need to toss out books to every stranger we see- But I promise that everyone you know will be blessed by you if you share simply your favorite Book of Mormon scripture.
I KNOW that the Book of Mormon is true. I study out of it every day, and will never be persuaded otherwise. I gain more peace and feel God's love increased in my life when even holding the book with me. My Testimony of this book is beyond my words. I know it is true, and I know it was written for me. 
I love you all and hope that you are able to help 'Flood the Earth' with the Lord's word.





Katelyn, Sarah, Sister Davies

Knock, Knock

Sister Davies did my hair before giving a talk today.

Eclipse




Palmyra New York Temple

Picnic Lunch in Palmyra
















No comments:

Post a Comment