Tuesday, August 15, 2017

August 7, 2017 Miracles

This week was incomparable! On Saturday I was able to be apart of THREE baptisms!!

Sister Green, Sarah O Marah, Katelyn, Sister Green
Andy Lehner who doesn't like pictures.
Before their baptism's.
Sarah O'Marah, Andy Lehner, and Jason Roe! It truly was amazing to witness the flood of peace from the Holy Ghost from these events. I know that Heavenly Father had those dates in mind for all three of his children. It is difficult to describe how truly wonderful it was to see them draw closer to Heavenly Father.
   I was privileged to give a talk at Jason's baptism
Sister Armstrong, Jason Roe, Katelyn Elgaaen
Sister Armstrong & I committed him to Baptism.
about the Holy Ghost, and have been thinking a lot about him this past week. So, Who is the Holy Ghost? He is the third member of the Godhead, a personage of spirit, and the gift comes by the laying on of hands by worthy priesthood holders.
   How can the Holy Ghost help? He is a wonderful Gift that was given to us. He will warn us from danger, bring us comfort when we are in need, testifies of truth when we hear it, and sanctifies us- making us better than we were before. An example that I have had of this personally was right before leaving to serve the Lord. It was maybe a few weeks before going into the MTC and I was actually Really nervous about leaving the safety of the Bubble I grew up in. One night, before going to bed, I prayed. It was one of the most sincere prayers that I have given. I prayed, cried, and prayed pleading with the Lord to help me overcome my stresses and have faith that I would be able to teach and serve Him how he needed me too. I feel asleep and when I woke up... all the load of everything that I had been carrying was gone. I know that it was the Holy Ghost that helped with that. He continued to guide and warn me on what to focus on, brought Great comfort, Told me that what I was doing was the right thing, and helped me become better than before.
  How can we keep the Holy Ghost with us always?  The first step to have Him with us always is to strive to live worthy of his presence by; keeping the commandments, reading the scriptures, loving others...   Then we have to be willing to receive the gift. The Holy Ghost can be compared to a Best Friend, and truly does desire to reside with us always- but He leaves when He is uncomfortable.   After being worthy, and desiring to have him we must strive to recognize the spirit. "It is vital to our physical and spiritual safety that we keep the gift of the Hold Ghost." We can come to recognize the spirit by praying to understand how He speaks to us, and studying about Him.   The final step is to act on the first prompting. An easy test to tell if it is 'just you' or the Holy Ghost it- does it encourage you to do good? Then it is of the Hold Spirit.
   Why would we want this gift?  The feelings from the Holy Ghost are just a foretaste of the eternal Joy that is promised us. "The gift of the Holy Ghost comes after one repents and becomes worthy. The Holy Ghost bears witness of the truth and impresses upon the soul the reality of God the father and the son Jesus Christ so deeply that no earthly power of authority can separate him form that knowledge."-Faust.   The spirit can and will speak to us in ways that only we could understand. He will bring to our remembrance things like; words of comfort from a friend, a memorized scripture, a prayer we said, a blessing...
   I challenge all of us to let the Spirit guide us. Strive to be worthy of this Gift, and use it! don't let it become rusty.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Sister's in Oneida

Having Dinner




Katelyn

Thumbs up to a great week!

The District!

Our Cool Apartment in Oneida

Pictures before the Baptism for Sarah and Andy

 
Smiling in the Rain


Sister's Green and Elgaaen

Laughing in the Rain!

Sister's Elgaaen & Green

Chillin

Happy Missionaries before the Baptism's

 

No comments:

Post a Comment