Monday, May 22, 2017

May 22, 2017 Serving The Lord

The weather cannot make up its mind! One day it is in the 90's the next it rains so hard the power goes out. But that is part of the fun of not looking at the weather and Serving with a smile Always! Something fun that happened this week, besides being a missionary, was having Family Home Evening again with a part member family. When I was back home- FHE was almost something we did because we were suppose too. Now that I am one of the people trying to enforce it, I can see the difference that it makes and am grateful that I was in a family that enforced such things.
   From my scripture of the week I actually learned a lot! I picked it at random, but there have been a few times where it has come to mind while I am doing things daily. D&C 108:7 " Therefore ye must Strengthen (uplift, sustain) your brethren (close friends and those you love.) in ALL your conversation, in ALL your prayers, in ALL your exhortations (earnest advise), and in ALL your doings."   I know that as I turn toward the Father in ALL I do, with all my heart, might, mind, and strength- I will be able to uplift, enlighten, aid and strengthen my fellow men. I cannot strengthen someone farther than I am. So as the burden of who the Lord is allowing me to strengthen gets larger, so does y own need for strength increase. 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.; I can help people turn to Christ so they can receive strength.   A few scriptures that related to D&C 108:7 were; Luke 22:32 [you must be converted yourself before you strengthen another.], Philippians 4:13 [we get our strength by building it slowly and through Christ. With Him on our side- we will always have the strength to uplift others], Mosiah 3:19 [our actions, exhortations and doings must not be based on the natural man. We have to become as a child. Only then can we humbly accept advise ourselves on how to advise others], D&C 23:3 [this is Heavenly Father speaking to Hyrum telling him that it is a great Duty and responsibility to exhort and strengthen the church. It is not something we can take lightly.]
   I hope that everyone who did pick a scripture to ponder learned a lot and applied it to themselves often. I know that a memorized scripture is like a new candle lite in a dark room- it keeps away the darkness, and allows you to see more clearly what is around you.
   Have a wonderful week!! Remember that when two are gathered in the Lord's name, He is there with you! You are never alone, someone understands and He is always ready to listen no matter what time it is.He is ALWAYS on call... it requires no internet, no money, and no inconvenience to Him. Call upon him, and in His own way, He will answer!
Love, Sister Elgaaen
Short break from the rain.

Railroad we pass daily.

Sister's Armstrong & Elgaaen

Katelyn Elgaaen


Don't you Love my Barbie Gloves?

Rainbow

There is Beauty All Around

On our way to preach the gospel

Getting ready to do some service weeding.

Sister Elgaaen & Armstrong

Hamilton New York

Sitting on some stairs by the cemetery.

Beautiful Sunset

Ready, Set, Serve!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment